Human Biology & Society (B.A. & B.S.) Major
Fall 2021 major applications are now available! → Only class of 2023 UCLA students may apply.
Deadline: FRIDAY, October 8, 2021 by 3:00 PM (PST)
Please review the HBS B.A. or HBS B.S. applications [Non-Fillable PDF] prior to completing the corresponding Google Forms in the links below. The HBS applications [Google Form] will not allow you to save your progress when filling out the application. Prepare to fill out the HBS applications [Google Form] in one sitting.
Please read through the FAQs [PDF] first for any initial questions you may have. Send any additional questions to the Student Affairs Officer.
To complete the HBS applications [Google Form] you will need to log on through: http://g.ucla.edu.
- Section 7 on Non-Fillable PDFs is equivalent to Section 8 found on HBS applications [Google Forms]
- Regarding COVID-19: The admissions committee understands the challenges that COVID-19 has presented to both students and instructors this past year. Starting Spring 2020 quarter, the Institute for Society and Genetics has approved the use of Pass grades to cover Pre-HBS major, HBS major, and Society and Genetics minor requirements. This temporary policy applies through the Summer 2021 term. Starting Fall 2021 and onwards HBS majors will need to take pre-major and major courses for a letter grade.
- When filling out the Pre-HBS coursework section you will find an “OTHER” section for Statistics 10/13 (HBS BA Majors) and Statistics 10/13/LS 40 (HBS BS Majors). Students should choose this option, if a community college course was approved by ISG to be used to cover this requirement. The correct grading option in this case is “Transfer Grade.”
- Our Society and Genetics Undergraduate Organization (SGUO) will hold HBS major workshops during Week 1 and/or Week 2 of Fall 2021 quarter to support HBS major applicants. For more details, be sure to contact SGUO using our Student Groups tab under Major.
- Upon submission of your HBS Application [Google Form] you will receive a copy of the responses you inputted in the Google Form
Society and Genetics Minor
Fall 2021 Society and Genetics Minor application is now available! → Only Class of 2023 students may apply.
Deadline: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2021 by 3:00 PM (PT)
Please review the 21F Society and Genetics Minor Application [Non-Fillable PDF] prior to completing the corresponding Google Form in the link below. The 21F Society and Genetics Minor Application [Google Form] will not allow you to save your progress when filling out the application. Prepare to fill out the Society and Genetics Minor Application [Google Form] in one sitting.
Please read through the Society and Genetics Minor website first for any questions you may have, and send any additional questions to Maverick Santos at email@example.com.
To complete the Society and Genetics Minor Application [Google Form] you will need to log on through: http://g.ucla.edu.
Upon submission of your 21F Society and Genetics Minor Application [Google Form] you will receive a copy of the responses you inputted in the Google Form
This page is where students can learn more about the application process for our Human Biology and Society major and Society and Genetics minor programs. Below each section you will find relevant information for applying to each program. Be sure to check out the FAQ page and sections related to HBS major and Society and Genetics minor application for additional details and information.
To learn more, set up an appointment with:
Phone: (310) 206-1890
Office: Life Sciences Building 3360-C
Undergraduate Advising Hours:
Week 1 – Week 2 of quarter: Drop-in appointments.
Office Hours: 9:00am – 12:00pm & 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Week 3 and beyond: Appointment basis.